Student Teacher Supervision - Field Instruction I - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Field Liaison for the College of College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a social worker, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in social work.
Grand Canyon University’s Master of Social Work program is designed to prepare students to gain the knowledge and skills to apply social work principles, values and ethics when helping individuals, families and communities overcome various social and behavioral health issues. This program focuses on an advanced generalist social work practice to shape the social work practitioner who can provide a wide range of services and engage with multiple populations of any type and size
Complete online Social Work Field Orientation Training (approx.1 hour) prior to start of position.
Ability to travel to a site location in Arizona and organize face-to-face and phone meetings with the field instructor and the assigned social work student.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating clinic, hospital, school, community agency and/or private practice. Maintain effective communication with the cooperating field instructor, assigned social work student, and Office of Field Experience (OFE).
- Act as a resource person to the field instructor and the assigned social work student by providing additional sources of information and by having face-to-face and phone contact during the assigned field education course(s).
- Listen to the assigned student’s concerns regarding his/her field education experience and relate those concerns in the end of visit report.
- Act as a liaison between the field education site and the social work OFE.
- Provide information on the development and implementation of the assigned student’s future professional plans.
- Encourage responsibility and creativity in the social work practice experience.
- Monitor that both, the field instructor’s and student’s responsibilities (as established in the field education manual) are being honored.
- Provide knowledge about evaluation procedures.
- Create and maintain a professional, friendly relationship with the assigned social work student and the cooperating field instructor.
- File status reports after each meeting with the OFE.
- Review Learning Agreement with student and Field Instructor to confirm CSWE social work competency standards are addressed and met.
- Minimum of a Masters in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program AND currently licensed as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) AND five years post-master’s social work practice experience AND experience in a field instructor or related role preferred.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.