Student Conduct Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Student Conduct Coordinator to help promote student success and accountability by bringing resolution to potential violations of the GCU student conduct policies and community standards. The Student Conduct Coordinator promotes student education, development and maintains University standards through the creation and assignment of appropriate sanctions through the Student Conduct Board and oversees the day-to-day operations working directly with the Student Conduct Manager. The Coordinator is active in outreach to, and the development of ongoing positive relationships with students, faculty and colleagues and provides service to a diverse campus population.
- Serves as one primary student conduct officer in the student conduct process of potential violations of the Student Handbook and assists in investigating and processing potential violations or inappropriate conduct.
- Maintains conduct files and database(es) on all cases, tracks sanctions and follow-up actions and prepares conduct reports.
- Writes sanction letters for students violating policies and codes as indicated in the Student Handbook.
- Assists with the Student Conduct Board Hearings.
- Tracks and maintains completion of student sanctions.
- Regularly meets with students who have violated the Student Handbook policies including visitation violations.
- Helps in teaching various classes through the student conduct educational offerings
- Helps coordinate Student Conduct training for Residence Life professionals and Resident Assistants.
- Collaborates with Residence Life staff and is a liaison to Public Safety and other departments as needed.
- Serves as liaison with Student Affairs staff in coordinating education programs for students as related to Student Conduct services.
- Assists in coordinating monthly assessment and evaluation processes and assists with overall management of the Student Conduct system.
- Assists in developing learning outcomes and assessment programs for the Student Conduct process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year directly related work experience, preferably in higher-education.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to deal constructively with difficult situations and people and to resolve conflicts rationally and judiciously.
- Ability to maintain Confidentiality.
- Ability to work with people of various viewpoints, cultural backgrounds and skill levels.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Computer proficiency utilizing routine office software such as MS Office Suite, email, internet, database/s, etc.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.