Store Manager - Grand Canyon Beverage Company
Grand Canyon Beverage Company (GCBC) is seeking a Store Manager. The store manager is responsible for the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both customers and team members.
- Ensures daily operations consistently achieve positive cash flow.
- Ensure through constant observation that team members are delivering excellent customer service and engaging customers to ensure repeat business.
- Ensures proper retail coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs; ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt team members and youth employment.
- Recommends ideas for promotions, merchandising, special events, utilization of retail space.
- Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures to train and lead the retail team members.
- Ensures all team members are trained in cash handling procedures.
- Executes retail/merchandising plans.
- Executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Trains all team members in food handling protocols and safety.
- Is the role model for outstanding service.
- Handles customer complaints to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Inspires the retail team members to be passionate about customer service.
- Ensures all drink recipes are followed to ensure consistency in brand and optimization of inventoried supplies.
- Ensures all food and store wastage is handled according to all OSHA and Food Safety requirements.
- Follows appropriate product expiration handling and disposal.
- Monitors drink and food products on a per shift, rotating basis, for quality assurance.
- Ensures all retail team members are educated on products and services, e.g., by developing an understanding of the various elements of coffee, its heritage, regions of growth, taste.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prefer a minimum of one year customer service experience in retail operations.
- Team lead experience preferred.
- Knowledge of retail management principles and practices.
- Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales/customer service focused environment
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and evenings.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.