Grand Canyon is looking for an ROTC Coordinator. Working under general supervision, provides administrative and business support for the ROTC program which falls under the Office of Student Engagement.
- Serves as the program coordinator for the ROTC program serving Students and the ROTC faculty.
- Handles all administrative functions such as:
- Answering phones which may be current or new students inquiring about aspects of program
- Handles inquiries if they are basic about program, may have to escalate to ROTC faculty
- Maintains ROTC calendar for students whose ROTC activities fall outside their academic program but are required to graduate fulfilling the ROTC requirements.
- May schedule activities on behalf of students
- Collaborate with other University Departments to ensure ROTC students have access to buildings and campus when needed (e.g., 5 AM physical training routines)
- Keeps record of all ROTC students’ files of achieving required ROTC requirements
- Serves as "person in charge" in absence of ROTC cadre; handles issues within scope of designated authority; informs ROTC cadre of exception issues to be handled.
- Serves as informational resource for the ROTC office; fields questions via telephone or in person concerning ROTC for new and prospective students and may conduct campus tours for new and prospective ROTC students
- Maintains accurate student contact records and ensures ground admissions has student information.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 18 months’ experience in an administrative capacity which required use of computers to send e-mails and the use of excel to track various types of data.
- Work experience or educational experience with armed services, preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.