Part Time Java Boot Camp Instructor
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part time Java boot camp instructor to teach in the evenings. As a Java instructor, you’ll provide instruction through hands-on, project-based learning. You will also be responsible for exposing students to cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends that reflect the latest advancements in programming. This role also assists in the updating of instruction and in the improvement of teaching methodologies to better relate the practices and technologies that prepare students for a career in Java coding.
This is a ground campus, part time position that will begin in immediately. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction to eager students via collaborative, personal instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
- Equipping students with the required skill set
- Facilitating classroom discussions
- Assisting students individually and in groups as part of a collaborative learning environment
- Assessing student performance
- Preparing students to be successful leaders in the programming profession.
- Teaching software development using Java within an immersive cohort model
- Staying current on topics and practices related to computer programming languages and development
- Assisting in driving updates around Boot camp program design & development
- Assisting with developing and implementing forward-thinking plans for boot camp program development and growth
- Developing and maintains relationships with industry contacts to support mentoring opportunities, classroom guest speaker visits, internship programs, project collaborations, and the future employment of program graduates
- Fostering and promotes diversity and collegiality
- Recommending to University leadership initiatives to advance technology education
- Assisting the University in building a solid foundation for the growth of technology programs
- Actively supporting college/University mission and initiatives
- Actively engaging in professional development activities
- Complying with all college and University policies
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Java programming
- Holds professional certificates and/or multiple industry recognized certifications in multiple computer programming languages
- An extensive, advanced, and current knowledge of computer programming and computer science
- Deep knowledge of Java SE and Java EE, with experience in Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with web services such as REST and SOAP
- Able to provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Has portfolio of IT projects demonstrating experience in coding
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, either information technology, computer science or engineering
- Holds certifications in multiple computer programming languages or related fields, above and beyond degree credentials
- Experience teaching within a full-time, immersive instructional model
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices, and a record of excellence in teaching
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.