Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a full-time Painter to prepare and paint a variety of interior and exterior surfaces. This position will perform routine and small-effort general maintenance as needed.
- Patches, paints and/or applies finishes to various types of internal and external hard surfaces.
- Ensures that each job site is left clean and free of all painting equipment and tools upon completion of the task.
- Properly stores paint containers and related supplies; properly disposes of brushes and other paint-related waste.
- Order supplies according to established procedures.
- Maintains logs and records as required related to work orders and unscheduled work as required.
- Assesses any damages to internal and external hard surfaces and identifies type of repair work needed.
- Responds to emergency needs and requests within designated time frames.
- Observes safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action and reports unsafe conditions immediately to appropriate staff.
- Provides a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- High School completion preferred, or the equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional painting experience
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge in the correct usage of hand tools, power tools, and equipment related to painting and general maintenance work.
- Knowledge of paint properties, painting, plastering, drywall repair and other hard surface repair and prepping.
- Self-motivated and shows initiative to start and complete tasks within expected timeframes.
- Math skills sufficient to calculate quantities of supplies needed to fulfill work orders.
- Must have the physical skills and endurance (including during periods of extreme temperatures) to move about campus and the buildings in order to fulfill tasks and activities.
- Must be familiar with, and follow, safety requirements and precautions including the proper disposal of paint and painting supplies.
- Detail oriented with good troubleshooting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to interact positively with diverse populations and to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
- Willingness to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.