Grad Assistant - Athletic Communications
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Graduate Assistant to serve in its Athletic Communications office. This position will perform a variety of multimedia tasks to assist the Athletic Communications staff in the external promotion and storytelling of GCU’s athletic programs and student-athletes.
- Assist with planning and execution of department-wide and team-specific social media strategies.
- Produce written content, such as game previews and recaps for GCULopes.com.
- Respond to internal and external media requests.
- Use appropriate software to track official in-game statistics of home competitions, as assigned.
- Create and use digital media assets to enhance social media efforts.
- Opportunity to serve as primary and/or secondary communications contacts for team(s), as assigned.
- Develop working relationship with team’s coaching staff and student-athletes, as assigned.
- Assist in the development of publications, such as media guides and game notes, using layout software.
- Must be enrolled in a GCU's master's program.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0.
- May only work 29 hours per week but must be willing to work, when necessary, beyond normal business hours, which often includes evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Highly motivated with desire to go beyond assigned tasks.
- Meticulous with a keen attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong command of written language and familiarity in Associated Press style.
- Ability to work on deadlines, often with short turnarounds.
- Willingness and ability to learn new digital platforms, including website management system, SIDEARM, and stat-keeping platforms.
- Strong computer proficiency, including email, Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and other software applications.
- Preferred familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Willingness to learn necessary technical skills of position.
- Be a strong representation of University values, especially when dealing with student-athletes and coaching staff(s).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.