Faculty - Social Media - College of Fine Arts and Production
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full-time faculty member of the traditional on-campus program in the College of Fine Arts and Production. At the cornerstone of every degree earned is an education that develops values-driven creative leaders. The design programs include bachelor’s degrees in Graphic Design, Web Design, Advertising, and now Social Media.
The College of Fine Arts and Production at Grand Canyon University is seeking two full-time faculty members (open to all ranks), to lead our new degree in Social Media focusing on content creation. These positions provide instruction that incorporate hands-on teaching in current and emerging technologies, design, photography, video, and writing trends of the disciplines of social media content creation. The program has a foundation in graphic design plus courses in social media strategy, planning, community building and listening, reputation management, social campaigns and data evaluation, coverage of sports, entertainment and community events, and use of industry standard content creation, scheduling, and data review tools.
Please Note: This is a 9-month Faculty position, based on our Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ. The anticipated start date is August 10, 2020.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and delivers lectures and demonstrations to undergraduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of social media and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes within the Christian university.
- Preferred: MFA in graphic design, advertising, copywriting, public relations, multi-media, marketing, journalism, or related discipline. Minimum: MA or related graduate degree.
- Post-secondary experience teaching design or related content creation courses.
- 3+ years documented industry experience.
- Ideal candidates will have
- Experience in strategy, concept, and implementation of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, Hootsuite or similar applications, HubSpot or similar applications, Facebook, Instagram, Google Analytics or similar applications, and phone-based applications used to create content for social sites.
- Documented experience creating photographic, visual, written, and/or video content for use on multiple social and digital media vehicles.
- Experience building, maintaining, listening and managing social media communities.
- Experience working with marketing teams, agencies or clients.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.