Faculty - Mechanical Engineering - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Mechanical Engineering Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It features degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering and engineering technology programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 9 month teaching position that will be filled ASAP. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major
- Assists students outside classroom hours
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development
- Works with leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing engineering education
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of engineering programs
- Mentors undergraduate majors in mechanical engineering
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry to support internships, project collaborations, industrial mentoring and Capstone projects
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities
- Compliance with all college and University policies
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience or higher education teaching experience. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of mechanical engineering, specifically, in one of the following sub-disciplines - robotics, mechanical design, manufacturing or closely related field.
- Ability to work "hands on" with engineering instrumentation and devices.
- Working knowledge of computer aided engineering and mathematical software.
- Ability to program in a high-level, general purpose computer language.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in mechanical engineering, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of industry experience and mechanical engineering teaching experience
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellence in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.