Faculty - Finance - Colangelo College of Business
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of business with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your experiences and insight with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s Colangelo College of Business (CCOB), Colangelo College of Business, is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach Finance (open to all ranks). We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the Finance faculty position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Finance
- Projected start date - August 2022
- The chance to promote a business mindset for today’s changing world, as well as help with the integration of faith and celebrate free market capitalism
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Finance professionals
What you will do:
- Bring Financial industry concepts to life for undergraduate students in an engaging manner
- Network to provide internships and job placements
- Continue to remain current in the field of Finance and bring that knowledge into the classroom
- Participates in faculty and CCOB meetings and College/University committee activities
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes
What you need:
- PhD or DBA in Finance or related business discipline or MS Finance, MBA/Finance graduate degree or related areas
- Hold financial industry certifications, i.e., CFP
- Experience teaching finance or similar topics
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in corporate finance, investments, or banking is required
- Ability and experience to teach across disciplines (i.e., economics, accounting) is a plus
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.