Facilities Operations Supervisor
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Facilities Operations Supervisor. The Facilities Operations Supervisor is responsible for daily oversight of housing general maintenance team members and ensuring all work activities associated with construction, repair and maintenance of residence housing units are executed meeting all quality and delivery standards.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00pm
- Coordinate daily activities including: scheduling and assigning work to staff and directing and leading workers in completing assigned work; monitoring work and project activity progress, making necessary changes; completing performance evaluations of assigned staff; performing quality assurance checks.
- Coordinate activities for vendors who are providing services such as construction or reconstruction, remediation, cleaning, roofing, window replacements and repairs, exterior and interior painting, emergency repairs, flooring installation or removal, etc.
- Execute all projects that are not part of daily or regularly scheduled maintenance activities; report on status and escalate any issues to facilities management.
- Track budget for area of responsibility, and provide time and workforce needs and estimates to higher level management based on cost analyses, ensuring work is completed according to stipulated price and agreement.
- Implement, interpret, and manage policies and procedures pertaining to operations and facilities management.
- Manage service contracts as applicable.
- Coordinate activities, construction, and renovation with GCU staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors. Support assigned project activities; ensure compliance with larger unit goals.
- Inspect, report, and provide follow-up on building/area facility maintenance issues.
- Build and sustain effective, positive, and efficient teams.
- Understand and communicate customer needs in order to assist in the development, planning, and implementation of appropriate actions to meet customer, departmental and university expectations.
- Able to use computer applications and other technology to manage/complete essential job functions and to manage assigned projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Review and approve time sheets based upon payroll processing deadlines
- Ensures all team members follow OSHA guidelines for performing daily work; ensures all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized daily.
- Provide recommendations to management regarding operational improvements either in service delivery, substitutes for equipment or supplies which would improve both operational efficiency and operational expenses.
- Provide and/or coordinate all training needed to ensure team members are following all best practice guidelines in maintenance and safety
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in commercial or university maintenance facilities
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in support of facilities management (work order systems, spreadsheets, trend analysis, etc.)
- Experience in working in a higher education residential academic environment preferred.
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, program validation, monitoring of maintenance activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously on projects and initiatives, producing accurate results within tight timelines and with limited resources.
- Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting policies.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions to others.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting experience in one or more craft areas; (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and heating/ventilation).
- Demonstrated knowledge of building systems (building envelope, structural, plumbing, electrical, and heating/ventilation) necessary to coordinate routine repair and maintenance projects and to evaluate the work of contractors, vendors, and campus skilled crafts technicians.
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and communicate University correspondence, training materials, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations necessary for maintenance tasks and record keeping.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects under the pressure of competing deadlines. Must be able to appropriately prioritize and effectively communicate progress on assigned projects
- Experience and proficiency in the use of computer spreadsheets, databases, and word processing application software, with the ability to learn and use campus on-line financial, purchasing, maintenance work order, email and calendaring systems.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.