Entrepreneurship Faculty (Open to all ranks)
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of business with a teaching-focused mission? Do you want to share your expertise as an Entrepreneur with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s Colangelo College of Business (CCOB), Colangelo College of Business, is seeking a Full- Time Faculty member to teach Entrepreneurship.
Teaching entrepreneurship will include aspects of the human-centered design, ideating solutions to societal problems, lean business startup model, funding, business execution, and revenue generation. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the Entrepreneurship faculty position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Entrepreneurship
- Projected start date - August 2022
- The chance to promote a business mindset for today’s changing world, as well as help with the integration of faith and celebrate free market capitalism
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Entrepreneurs
What you will do:
- Teach entrepreneurship courses in an engaging and stimulating manner to graduate and undergraduate students
- Contribute to the entrepreneurial efforts of the university by supporting co-curricular and extra-curricular activities such as the IDEA Club, Canyon Angels, Canyon Challenge, and Canyon Ventures.
- Remain current in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and effective teaching techniques
- Participate in faculty and CCOB meetings and College/University committee activities
- Support the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes
What you will need:
- Graduate degree, i.e., MBA
- Significant experience starting, owning, and/or founding companies
- Previous Teaching, presentation skills, and or public speaking experience
- Experience with investing in early-stage companies is preferable
- Familiar with various startup models/concepts; integrated in the Phoenix area entrepreneurial ecosystem
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.