Director of Technology Business Development and Outreach
The College of Science, Engineer, and Technology (CSET) within Grand Canyon University is seeking a Technology Business Development and Outreach Director for its technology programs. The role is a new position to help grow our student technology student population through the establishment of business, organization, and military workforce relationships. The role will report to the Associate Dean of Technology in CSET at GCU. The position will be measured on the quality and volume of established partnerships with businesses, community organizations, and military bases and the establishment of technology workforce pipelines between industry and students at GCU.
The role will play a key role in explaining the benefits of GCU's technology programs to potential education partners at the technology leadership level. This new position is for a technology program leader responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and maintaining GCU educational partnership accounts and building new relationships in support of GCU technology programs.
This position is 100% responsible for building relationships and partnerships in support of CSET degree and non-degree programs. The major focus of the role will identify key partner influencers for aligning the workforce needs of the partner with the educational offerings from GCU specific to technology. The initial industry focus of this role will be domestic and international military bases, military spouses, and expatriates living abroad.
An ideal candidate must be personable, capable of understanding partner needs, and comfortable presenting in both formal and informal forums at the highest technology levels within partner organizations. They should have the capability of assisting in defining technology skill requirements and career paths to meet the growing business needs of the partners. They must be able to communicate technical education opportunities to stakeholders who have limited to no working knowledge of the education landscape, but a solid grasp of a specialized workforce and requirements unique to technology workers. This position will team with enrollment and student success counselors in ensuring needs are being met.
The Technology Business Development and Outreach Director is also responsible for marketing and relationship development tasks, such as market research and monitoring, to determine future needs and areas where GCU can expand its education share and make strategic advancements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations explaining opportunities to prospective partners at the technical management and leadership levels.
- Assess and understand challenges unique to a technology workforce and be able to provide a clear pathway for solving the technical leadership challenges in staffing a specialized team.
- Confer with partners and the GCU CSET team to assess technical educational needs,
- conduct gap analysis, and make recommendations to qualify partnership opportunities.
- Secure and renew current partnership relationships to grow potential student pools.
- Identifying, completing, and establishing CSET program partnership opportunities.
- Understand and navigate the military training and education landscape, including engagement with military spouses and dependents.
- Leverage existing GCE business and organization partnerships to expand technology education offerings by working with GCE University Development Counselor team members.
- Bachelor's Degree required (engineering or technical degree is preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in application development, IT infrastructure, or cybersecurity as an individual contributor or team leader/manager; or a demonstrable understanding of the technology ecosystem.
- 5+ years of experience in program management or business development requiring revenue growth to an organization.
- Comfortable communicating and relating to senior technical leaders a strategy for developing a specialized technical workforce within the partner organization.
- Ability to travel domestically 25 - 50 % of the time and occasional international travel.
- Self-motivation, strong organizational skills, and great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of the military training and education process is a plus.
- Knowledge of education offering from a university and the selling the benefits is a plus.
- Military and/or defense industry experience.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.