Club Sports Athletic Trainer
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking Club Sports Athletic Trainer. This role works under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer in evaluating physical conditions and treating club sports student athletes to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition.
- Renders aid to club sports student-athletes by providing first aid and physical therapy to promote healing and relieve soreness.
- Consults medical physician as required.
- Educate club sports student-athletes on sports safety protocols.
- Educate club sports student-athletes on injury prevention and rehabilitation initiatives.
- Educate club sports student-athletes on proper hydration.
- Educate and conduct baseline concussion testing for designated club sport teams.
- Guide club sports student-athletes through medical treatment and rehabilitation activities.
- Prescribes routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
- Prepares club sports student-athletes for practice and competition
- Follows emergency plans for the venue and manages emergency situations in the event of acute injuries; recommends changes to established emergency plans to ensure physical safety.
- Ensures accurate documentation and retention of medical records for student-athletes(i.e. accident reports, treatment records, medical release forms, etc.) in accordance with HIPPA regulations and for use by other needed GCU administrative staff.
- Acts as liaison between club sports student-athletes, club coaches, administration, parents, medical personnel and disability services to ensure all have information that potentially may impact student-athlete’s academic success.
- Follows coverage schedule for training room
- May travel with club sports teams to provide treatment or coordinate coverage for away games.
- Recommends special diets to build up health and wellness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in working with athletes in university or high school environment or as graduate assistant or intern.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) of Athletic Trainers.
- Current Arizona Licensure required.
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.