Clinical Operations Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Clinical Operations Manager to provide leadership for day to day clinical nursing and health care education. The clinical operations manager will collaborate with program faculty, clinical operations coordinator, other administrative leadership across the college, and clinical sites to facilitate best practices in teaching/learning and evaluation of the degree program.
- Assists college leadership with the evaluation of full time, part time and adjunct pre-licensure nursing faculty in coordination with Faculty Services
- Oversees Clinical Operations Coordinator and participate in Bi-Yearly Resolutions process with the Board of Nursing and AZ Hospital Administrators to negotiate and obtain clinical spaces for each GCU pre-licensure student.
- Acts as University contact to create and maintain partnerships with AZ Hospital Administrators and community agencies to meet clinical placement needs in conjunction with the Clinical Operations Coordinator.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on operational issues, opportunities, and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timelines.
- Reviews assessment measurements to maintain educational quality; acts as necessary with corrective steps.
- Ensures regular and ongoing, professional communication with college leadership.
- Addresses faculty and student issues / escalations using chain of command and university procedures.
- Works collaboratively with operational partners to assure student success and faculty excellence.
- Ensures guidelines, policies, and procedures are created and reviewed in collaboration with operational partners
- Assists in hiring of credentialed faculty and staff necessary to support the program; makes recommendations for hiring process.
- Ensures appropriate and thorough onboarding of new faculty and staff.
- Monitors the University requirements for faculty load within the pre-licensure nursing program.
- Stays current on national accreditation standards and state regulations to ensure pre-licensure program compliance.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community partners
- Collaborates and participates in community building events to promote GCU to health care partners and remain a viable presence in community.
- Executes special projects as determined by college leadership
- Collaborates with the College Leadership to support program improvement through the analysis of student and faculty feedback.
- Participates in on-going professional development
- Participates in college / university committees and professional activities that enhance the academic program, the college and the university.
- Master’s degree required (MSN for nursing programs).
- Minimum of 2 years direct patient care nursing experience.
- Experience in teaching healthcare profession learners.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant leadership/management experience preferred.
- Active, current, unencumbered registered nursing license in the state of Arizona.
- CNE or CNE-cl preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Willing to travel on a weekly basis as needed.
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office Suite.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.