Clinical Field Experience Specialist - College of Education
Grand Canyon University’s Faculty Development department is seeking a full time Field Experience Specialist to ensure the GCU Teacher Candidates’ or Principal Candidates’ field experience component of the education program is successful. The Clinical Field Experience Specialist will provide coaching training, information, resources, support and development to site supervisors and cooperating teachers, and principal mentors during the GCU student teaching Clinical Practice and EDA/EAD internship to ensure the success of the teacher and principal candidates during the clinical field experience.
- Provides training, coaching, counseling, advice, and recommendations to cooperating teachers/ mentors regarding performance which may interfere with the student teacher’s ability to complete the clinical experience.
- Conducts calls and webinars to review expectations with site supervisors and cooperating teachers/ mentors.
- Facilitates and coaches site supervisors through candidate remediation process as to ensure successful completion of the clinical experience.
- Provides ongoing support with the associated College(s) to monitor and assist with issues, appeals, and in-class corrective action plans or terminations.
- Collects, documents, and investigates reported student teacher conduct violations.
- Manages cooperating teachers and site supervisors to ensure performance meets expectations as outlined in training and on-going professional development.
- Evaluates site supervisor performance with regard to meeting the field experience and College’s requirements as previously outlined. Provides advice and counsel where needed or addresses issues directly which may interfere with the site supervisor’s ability to complete the assignment.
- Provides support to site supervisors including troubleshooting and uploading/entering site visit evaluation scores.
- Builds new processes for managing and tracking student teacher and practicum issues in xRM.
- Verifies payment amount to approve stipend payment for Cooperating Teacher/ Principal Mentor.
- Records data in various software including CRM, XRM, CampusVue and FileBound, or similar current software utilized.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in Education.
- K-12 teacher certification.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience working with student teachers as a cooperating teacher or supervisor is helpful.
- Familiarity with teacher practicum/field experience requirements and GCU programs.
- Familiarity with the States’ teaching requirements.
- Proficiency and familiarity with software systems in order to navigate comfortably in proprietary databases.
- Proficiency with MS Office software suite.
- Planning and organizational skills in order to monitor and manage numerous student teaching field experience assignments simultaneously.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanor with good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to become familiar with student handbooks and policies within a short period of time.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate fluently in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.