Canyon Activities Special Events Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Canyon Activities Special Events Coordinator whose main responsibility is coordinating all logistics for large scale student campus events (minimum of 7 per academic year and attendance is over 6,000). As part of the role as a Student Engagement team member, you will be working with student leaders as part of your team and play a role in the mentorship and development of the student leaders. The ideal candidate is a person interested in working with university students and has a keen interest and desire in being a part of large-scale campus events.
- Coordinates and plans our large-scale Special Events for Canyon Activities Board (CAB), including Lip Sync and Mr. GCU. Coordinates logistics, arrangements and details with CAB student leaders and other on-campus departments, including AV and Event Services, ensuring flawless execution of events.
- Oversees, develops, and mentors teams of student leaders hired for CAB. Assists manager with recruiting, training and the on-going development of student leaders throughout the year.
- Assists Manager and staff in planning, organizing, implementing and participating in Welcome Week activities.
- In consultation with management staff, assists in developing and implementing a training program for student leadership development.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned budget and ensures expenses are appropriate, advising Manager of excessive expenses. Follows appropriate GCU protocols for contracts, orders and accounting. Provides input for the annual budgeting process for Student Engagement/CAB events and activities.
- Provides input and assists Manager in creating written protocols, procedures and policies.
- Maintains orders and replenishes supplies for student leaders to market events and activities.
- Assists the Director and/or Managers with other campus-wide programs, as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates programmatic effectiveness utilizing a variety of assessment techniques.
- Performs other administrative activities such as tracking budgets/expenses, preparing reports, answering phones, filing, data entry, photocopying, collating materials, etc.
- Works frequent evening hours, including occasional holiday and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Good planning and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed for events.
- Must be interested in working with large scale events.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Computer proficient including MS Office Suite, internet and email services.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.