Canyon 49 Grill Host
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Restaurant Host to work at the new hotel restaurant, Canyon 49, on Camelback & 27th Ave. in Phoenix.
- Greet and acknowledge guests arriving within 60 seconds. If a delay is anticipated, it is communicated to the guest with an apology and an offer of additional services, e.g., beverage service or lobby seating.
- Seat patrons by escorting them to assigned/open table, pulling out chairs, placing napkins on lap and handing guests menus. Guests are never to be seated at a table that is not full set and ready for service.
- Present menus, engage in polite conversation, create a personal dining experience, answer questions, and offer information on all menu and beverage items.
- Answer the phone in accordance with standards.
- Enter reservations into Open Table (reservation system) by taking the following information: Name, time, number of people and phone number.
- Prepare a seating assignment prior to service opening, considering special requests of guest and preferred needs of regular guests.
- Walk through the dining room to ensure guests are satisfied; answer questions, advise servers of any specific service needs.
- Handle any guest request or complaints within reason or refer to manager if needed.
- Be knowledgeable with regards to operating hours of all operations.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service/hospitality environment.
- Trained in First Aid, CPR & AED or able to complete training needed on own time within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, early mornings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa Food Handler’s Card at own expense prior to beginning employment.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read and write
- Ability to demonstrate passion for providing exceptional customer service through every guest interaction to create repeat guest visits.
- Demonstrates ability to go above and beyond to meet guest expectations.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA and food handling procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.