Associate Research Administrator
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Associate Research Administrator (ARA). This position is a junior-level research administrator position. The ARA will provide a variety of administrative, financial, and other tasks associated with pre- and post-award sponsored research activities and services. Training will be provided so the incumbent will learn to manage the proposal preparation and post-award activities on routine sponsored projects such as federal grants, foundation grants, and simple industrial contracts.
- Learn and stay updated on University and governmental regulations
- Assist in facilitating grant proposals by formatting documents to fit sponsor requirements and composing template letters of support.
- Track contracts and other agreements, obtaining signatures and filing appropriately.
- Coordinate and communicate proposal and requests submission process and review documents for completeness and compliance.
- Learn the web-based submissions and document tracking system to monitor and track the status of documents.
- Demonstrate commitment to regularly update and maintain technology skills.
- Develop routine project budgets and budget justifications.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of routine awards and contracts.
- Serve as liaison and active partner between Office for Contracts and Grants other departments and the IACUC.
- Coordinate meetings and take meeting minutes and track/follow-up on action items.
- Manage the Research @ GCU, Office for Research and Innovation, and Office for Contracts and Grants websites
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- One year of relevant experience preferred
- Combination of education and relevant experience may be considered
- Demonstrated expertise in Excel and web-based tools.
- Research Administrator Certification preferred
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.