Appliance Repair Technician-Part Time
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Housing Appliance Repair Technician. Under general supervision, performs both preventative and corrective maintenance on various appliances such as, microwaves, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, garbage disposals, and ovens throughout Campus.
* This position is part time 29 hours per week.
- Provide a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Navigate within Facilities Work Management System to receive, acknowledge, track inventory, and report progress, accounting, and service levels.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with various types and brands of appliances.
- Repairing or replacing defective or damaged appliance components with management approval.
- Train co-workers on basic troubleshooting and repairs.
- Remove and Install various appliances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in appliance repair work
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.