Adjunct Faculty - Salt Lake City Clinician Rotations/Labs - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a clinical adjunct faculty member for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at various valley locations. The college boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs where students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a clinical adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller student class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate, part-time need for clinicians for the BSN program’s Rotations and Labs. We are specifically looking for applicants with direct patient care, for all specialties, including OB, PEDS, Critical Care, Med/Surg, Health Assessment Public/Community Health and Psych/Mental Health.
*For rotations, must be available at least 1 day a week, for a 12-hour rotation (8-hours for Public/Community Heath). Very flexible scheduling options, to easily fit with your schedule.
*For labs, must be available at least one day a week, for 2-4 hours. Very flexible scheduling options, to easily fit with your schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Facilitates the learning of nursing students.
* Participates in skills development in lab settings.
* Compiles, administers, and grades assessments.
* Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BSN required for Rotations. MSN required for Labs only.
* 3 years of recent experience for those with a BSN. With an MSN, 2 years of recent experience required.
* Direct patient care experience for RNs, specializing in OB, PEDS, Critical Care, Med/Surg, Health Assessment, Public/Community Health, and Psych/Mental Health.
* Active and unencumbered, UT or multi-state RN license.
* For rotations, must be available at least 1 day a week, for a 12-hour rotation in the Salt Lake City area (8-hours for Public/Community Heath). For Labs, must be available at least one day a week, for 2-4 hours. Very flexible scheduling options, to easily fit with your schedule.
* Must successfully pass a drug test as well as competency testing.
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Before submitting your application, please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.