Adjunct Faculty - Health Policy and Economic Analysis Care- Main Campus - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions College, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, Main Campus instructors needed for HCA-255: Health Policy and Economic Analysis Care. This course is held Monday/Wednesday/Friday at the Main Campus in Phoenix from 8/26/2019-12/15/2019. You must be willing to drive to the Main Campus.
The section is from 12:30 PM-1:40 PM Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8/26/2019-12/15/2019.
Only applicants living in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered.
HCA-255: Health Policy and Economic Analysis Care: This course offers a broad overview of health care policy and the impact of government legislation on health care delivery. Students explore ways that economic forces, political trends, and changing social priorities influence policy development that directly impacts health care access, cost, and quality.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Must be able to teach at the Main Phoenix Campus during the following days and time:
12:30 PM-1:40 PM, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8/26/2019-12/15/2019.
- Minimum: Masters in Health Policy (MHP), Public Administration (MPA), Health Care Administration (MHCA), Health Administration (MHA), Public Health (MPH), Business Administration (MBA), Nursing (MSN). Those with an MSN must maintain an active unencumbered, multi-state RN license in Arizona. If you are not an RN, a license is not required.
- 5 years of work experience in health policy or public health or care management or health care administration in a hospital or acute care or managed care or ambulatory care physician group or long-term care setting.
- Proficiency in English, grammar and APA writing is required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Must be able to teach at the Phoenix Main Campus at the above mentioned time.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.