Adjunct - Accounting - Online - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
This course provides a study of accounting theory as it applies to partnerships and business combinations, international accounting, and governmental accounting.
This course is designed for individuals who are preparing for more advanced coursework in accounting and for students who have not had accounting in undergraduate work. Topics covered include the principles and practices of financial accounting and the fundamentals of managerial accounting, such as cost behavior and budgeting. The course covers accounting theories using computational examples, and homework is problem solving.
This course covers managerial accounting concepts and procedures for internal reporting, including the study of cost behavior, cost systems, budgeting, and performance evaluation. Coursework includes case studies, group projects, and class discussion.
This course is a study of the theory and practices of accounting for income taxes of corporations, partnerships, estates, and trusts. In addition, students will explore advanced tax planning concepts, including international tax implications.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Preferred: PhD/DBA Accounting or Doctorate in a accounting related discipline AND Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certified.
- AND 3 years public accounting experience or 5 years corporate accounting experience.
- 3 years public accounting experience or 5 years corporate accounting experience must be clearly noted on resume submitted with application.
- Current and Valid CPA required.
- Minimum: Masters in Accounting or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) AND Certified Public Accountant (CPA) AND 3 years public accounting experience or 5 years corporate accounting experience.
- Current and Valid CPA required.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Please ensure that 3 years public accounting experience or 5 years corporate accounting experience is clearly noted on resume submitted with application.
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications - Current and Valid CPA required.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.