ABSN NCLEX Success Manager
Come join our team in sunny Tucson, Arizona!
Grand Canyon University Tucson has an immediate need for an ABSN NCLEX Success Manager who is passionate about nursing education and has previous experience coaching pre-licensure nursing students to success.
Do you love watching students who have struggled in the past with testing turn a corner and become successful? Are you excited about helping students unlock the mystery of NCLEX style questions?
Preparing to pass NCLEX on the first attempt can be a scary and an overwhelming process. There are many opinions on the market for NCLEX candidates to weed through. This role offers the opportunity to share strategies in both one-on-one and group settings.
GCU supports students throughout the program and during the NCLEX preparation period. Your days will consist of coaching a variety of populations, from graduates who are soon going to test, to seniors who are preparing for HESI Exit (predictor exam), or juniors who are needing help developing strategies for success.
This role requires someone who works autonomously, with the support of coaching and NCLEX experts; reports to the NCLEX Success Director. Responsible for administering the GCU success program and create strategies to prepare all pre-licensure nursing students for successful completion of GCU’s Nursing program and to pass the NCLEX-RN exam.
Academic Partner: GCU Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Site Location: 3500 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson
Schedule: Mon-Fri, standard business hours
Special Considerations: Relocation and Retention bonus eligible
What you will do:
- Assess academic and standardized test results of Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) pre-licensure nursing students and recommends strategies for improved course and program outcomes.
- Meet with students on a regular basis to monitor utilization of success strategies.
- Coach students in test taking skills and strategies for preparation for all exams, (Course, standardized, exit, and NCLEX-RN).
- Monitor effectiveness of success program at assigned site/location and reports findings to NCLEX Success Director. Analyze relevant student, cohort, site, and program data to identify gaps in outcomes.
- Support processes and procedures for promoting instructional quality and applied practice in nursing curriculum programs.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- NCLEX RN success strategies.
- MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, calendars, spreadsheets, etc.)
What you will need:
- Master’s Degree (MSN) required.
- An active, current, and unencumbered Registered Nurse.
- Experience in assessment of student learning outcomes and remediation strategies required.
- Prior experience in preparing students for NCLEX-RN required.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Applicant must have strong interpersonal and assessment skills, be open to collaboration, and have a very student-centric view. This is an on-site, in-person position.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan.
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.